Course Learning Objectives
- Get an overview of the power systems and its changing landscape.
- Learn about the sources of energy and the environmental consequences.
- Learn and review the fundamental principles in electric circuit theory that are essential in learning about power system networks.
- Learn and review the fundamental principals in magnetic theory that are essential in learning about power system apparatus.
- Learn about transformers and the role they play in power systems.
- Learn about synchronous generators and the role they play in power systems.
- Learn about ac transmission lines and cable systems.
- Learn about HVDC systems.
- Learn about the characteristics of various power system loads and the power quality issues.
- Learn how to calculate power flow in a power systems network.
- Learn about voltage stability and reactive power control in power systems.
- Learn about rotor-angle transient stability.
- Learn about control of interconnected power system and economic dispatch.
- Learn about currents in a faulted power system and protection using relays and circuit breakers.
- Learn about over-voltages due to lightening and switching surges, protection using surge arresters and the insulation coordination
ISBN: 1118074793 9781118074794
Complete Solution Manual for the "Electric Power Systems: A First Course" To receive a copy of the entire solutions manual, contact John Wiley & Sons and register as a faculty member.